Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Trip to New York

My sister and I took a few days off "work" and went to New York. It was fun to get away although maybe a little ambitious for someone my age and so out of shape. What I learned from this trip (or what it reinforced that I already knew) was that I need my SLEEP!
We spent a few days with my friend Lisa who lives in Connecticut. We were roommates in college so we spent most of the time remembering the funny stories of the good old college days. (I can't believe I can remember that far back.)
We went to 3 days of the US Open. It was totally fun to be there - especially the first night after we left our seats in the nose bleed to get down on the third row for the James Blake night match.

If you look closely a few rows behind James Blake, you can see me calling my husband and telling him to record the match in case we were on TV. Then you can see Julie asking the security guard if he thought we might be on TV.
We also stayed with Rebecca, another friend from college. She was brave enough to go into the city with us at 4 a.m. to go to the Regis and Kelly show. Of course, with our luck, they weren't taping so we ended up going to the Today show. You know those people who look like idiots when the camera comes on. Well, I was one of them. In my defense, it was really early in the morning and I was sleep deprived.

If you look closely in the background you can see the big arm waving - that's me! I just kept following the camera around trying to get on TV. (And I am not sure why because I wasn't looking so great!)
We did a few more New York things and flew home the same day. We were up for almost 24 hours and I have still not recovered. But it was a fun week!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Stephanie, that footage is so awesome and totally funny. I was laughing out loud at the today show. Making up for all those years behind the camera! That looks like a really fun trip.