Saturday, February 7, 2009

Our first stitches

So Cassidy is the first one in the family to get stitches. I wasn't betting on her. But Branson was involved and that was a sure bet. He was pulling her along the floor on her blanket. He yanked it out from under her and she went down hard. She was bleeding pretty badly and it was hard to tell how bad it was, so I just grabbed her and my wallet and my dad drove us to the urgent care. It wasn't as bad as I had originally thought it was going to be and she ended up with 8 stitches. She hardly even moved and didn't cry at all while the doctor was stitching her up. Nobody in the office could believe it. She was a trooper!

On the way there, I realized what good luck it was that I was already showered, dressed, and had my teeth brushed. That may not seem like an accomplishment to most people, but for me that is quite an achievement. Of course it was 2:30 in the afternoon. Had it happened before noon, I wouln't have been so lucky. Some days I wonder why I even bother getting dressed, but now I have the answer. If you have an emergency and need to run a child to the urgent care, it is a plus to have on clean clothes and have your teeth brushed. It has given me renewed determination to accomplish that goal each day! (And hopefully before noon.)

4 comments:

Uila said...

Ha! You are so right STeph!. I'm right there with ya, but I only have 3 kids. Good for you. Sorry about the stitches though.:( Hope everything else is well with your beautiful family!

Cindy said...

I hear you Stephanie! I usually shower late in the afternoon and then I think, it's already so late, why even bother putting on makeup or fixing my hair... and I only have 1!! I can't imagine what it will be like when I have 2 or 4!!

Michelle Lewis Trane said...

I love it! From Branson being involved down to you getting dressed by noon. That is usually my goal time as well!

Anna-Lena and Eric said...

That is a great place to have stitches. I have had them there twice (thanks Penn St!!).